This article ” How to Develop a PPC Plan?” is about how to get focus on your PPC goals and how to measure your PPC Campaign success.
How to Develop a PPC Plan?
Without a PPC plan in hand, you don’t find any direction for your success in advertising campaigns.
Before you plan you need to establish clear goals you want to accomplish. You need to focus on which metrics track your success and where to find the value in PPC.
So Before developing your PPC plan, start by asking yourself questions like:
- What am I trying to accomplish with my Google AdWords spend?
- What metrics are most important to my business?
- What outcome am I predicting to see?
Asking yourself these critical questions and always having your goals in mind will help you make the right decisions when going through your workflow.
How to Develop a PPC Plan Increase Traffic To My Website?
PPC Metric: Clicks, CTR.
To get more visitors, you need searchers to click on your ads, so incorporate time into your PPC plan each week to create awesome and relevant ad text. Focusing on click-through-rate (CTR) is going to be the most crucial metric to increase traffic to your website.
Here are few quick tips to develop compelling ad copy:
Enable and Monitor Sitelink Extensions
Google has also stated that site links extensions play a part in your ad rank, i.e. if you and your competitor have the same bid, same quality score, but you have site link extensions enabled, take a lucky guess at who’s going to get higher placement in the SERPS.
Sitelink extensions are essentially like a free ad space extending the presence of your ad copy, and giving you the potential to receive a lot more clicks and traffic.
Testing is absolutely essential and should not be ignored at any cost. No matter how good your campaign is currently performing.” Not running A/B tests on ads is one of the biggest mistakes. By testing, you know the order of the words in your headline might increase your click-through-rate. The smallest tweaks really can make drastic improvements so don’t be afraid to run two or three ads simultaneously in the same ad group.
You also need to focus on organization and relevancy. To do so, you need to check,
- Your campaigns are focused on your products, locations, or any other general themes that makes sense for your business objectives.
- Each campaign needs to have ad groups related to the theme of that campaign.
- For each ad group, you’ll need a list of tightly themed keywords (no larger than 20-30 keywords per ad group).
- On a regular basis remember to maintain a good keyword list and review your search terms to add keywords to your account that you may be missing out on or eliminate negatives that you may be wasting spend on.
Continuously incorporating relevancy and organization checks to your workflow will help ensure your ad copy is highly relevant and compelling, which will lead to an increase in traffic.
How to Develop a PPC Plan for increase conversions?
PPC Metric: conversions, conversion rate
If your goal is to make more sales or gain more leads you need to focus on getting more conversions and increasing your conversion rate A conversion is defined as any meaningful action taken on your site, like a purchase, form completion, newsletter subscription, etc.
It’s important to activate conversion tracking so you can focus on conversion data and update your campaigns based on your findings.
Incorporate these steps into your PPC plan to increase conversions:
Focus on Converting Keywords
Sort your keywords by conversion to see which ones are converting. Allocate more budget to these keywords, and experiment with tiered bidding strategies on these words.
Closely Monitor Negatives
It’s important to be consistently monitoring your search terms and adding negatives to your list.
Continuously Optimize Your Landing Pages
If your landing pages aren’t optimized there’s going to be a huge drop in your conversion rate, even if people are clicking your ads. This should be obvious and is clearly the most crucial step to gaining more conversions.
Utilize the following strategies to continuously optimize your landing pages:
- Present your offer with dignity: Make sure it’s creative, captivating, and unique. How do you know if your offer is lacking? Check your conversion rate and ask your customers. You can fiddle with button colors and form length all day, but it’s more important to have an offer that people actually want.
- Keep it simple, neat, and captivating: Experiment with formatting distinct from your competitors, and think of the flow or process that you would enjoy from a user standpoint.
- Create landing pages for the intent of converting your AdWords leads: Each ad group should have its own landing page that’s super specific and relevant to the keywords and ad copy in that group.
If relevancy is lost, the lead or sale is lost. Make sure you have specific landing pages for each of your offerings that are visually appealing, relevant and have a clear call to action.
- Grade your landing pages
How to Develop a PPC Plan to
PPC Plan: Utilize the Display Network & Remarketing.
PPC Metric: Impressions, Reach, Frequency
If your goal is to raise brand awareness you’re likely focusing less on conversions and more on just getting a larger target audience super excited about your business.
In this scenario, the Google Display Network is where it’s at! Creating display campaigns will allow you to branch out of search and share your fabulous ad creative across the web on relevant sites. You can use creatives with media-rich ad formats including videos and images while using CPM or cost-per-impression bidding.
If your budget is a bit more restrictive you might try utilizing placement targeting so you can still gain more exposure, but have the control of picking websites or sections of sites which you can run your campaign. Focusing on metrics like impressions, reach and frequency help you track your effectiveness.
Follow this PPC plan to get started on display:
- Create stellar creative
- Know your audience
- Keep an eye on what’s working and what’s not
Key Takeaways for How to Develop a PPC Plan
Once you have an effective workflow in place you will save time and money, improve results and likely reduce PPC stress. Put time into your calendar each week to dedicate to your plan, and stop being lazy about PPC. To reiterate, I recommend taking the following steps to get started:
Step #1: Define your PPC goal(s) – and be specific with research, numbers, etc., making sure your goals are realistic and attainable.
Step #2: Create a workflow that you can implement on a regular basis that serves with your business goal(s).
Step #3: Block off time in your calendar to dedicate to your workflow.
Step #4: Repeat your workflow on the regular.
How to Develop a PPC Plan
- SEO Services
- Social Media Marketing [SMM Services]
- PPC Management Services
- Bulk Email Marketing Services/a>
- Bulk SMS Marketing Services
How to Develop a PPC Plan